Protein balls, bliss balls, energy balls (whatever you want to call them), are an absolute craze at the moment. With good reason too, they are easy to make and a convenient, healthy snack!
A lot of energy ball recipes call for added sugars/syrups (like honey or maple syrup) and added fats (like coconut oil or maple syrup) which aren’t very healthy for us. This recipe is sweetened using natural, healthy sugars from fruit. Adding dates helps the mixture bind together so there’s no need to add any fats or oils to stick it all together.
Making these energy balls can also be a fun family activity. Get the kids involved in stirring the mixture and rolling it into balls, it’s will be fun for the whole family!
- ½ cup dried cranberries, apricots or other dried fruit.
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
(plus extra for coating).
- 1/3 cup rolled oats.
- 5 fresh dates – pitted or ¼ cup dried dates
(soaked in water for 15 minutes before using or follow the instructions on the package).
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until finely mixed and the consistency is sticky enough to be rolled into balls.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a small ball. Roll and coat in extra desiccated coconut, chopped fruit or oats. Repeat for remaining balls.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before eating.
Thank you for visiting our blog!
For more great tips and ideas subscribe to our newsletter.