Smoothies are a great way to get some extra fruit and veg into your day. The best part is you can chuck whatever you like in the blender, give it a blitz and you’re good to go! To make your smoothies EXTRA tasty, follow the 60/40 formula. This is super simple– add 60% fruits and 40% leafy greens!
- 1 cup of leafy greens of your choice (spinach, kale, swiss chard, romain lettuce, carrot tops, boc choy)
- 1 cup of liquid base (reduced fat, natural yoghurt or reduced fat milk of your choice)
- 1 ½ cups of ripe fruit of your choice (banana, mango, berries, orange, avocado, peach, pear, apple, pineapple – you name it. Choose as many different types of fruits as you like!)
Optional smoothie BOOSTERS:
- Add a tablespoon of… chia seeds, natural peanut butter, hemp seeds, flax seeds, oats, pepitas
- or add a teaspoon of… raw cacao powder, cinnamon
- Blend leafy greens and liquid base first.
- Then add your fruits and blend again until smooth.
Thank you for visiting our blog!
For more great tips and ideas subscribe to our newsletter.